Monday, March 17, 2014

DETERMINATION

I was running and hiking last week in the hills around Hong Kong.  I am neither fast nor exceptionally strong, but I would like to think I am determined.   

As I relate this to the conversation of career, I can't help but hope that young singers who seriously chose getting into the opera business, and want to perform, are just as determined.

It takes a great deal of work and discipline, and  a great deal of determination when things don't always go well.  

I was told once by Matthew Epstein, one of the super agents of the past, that if a young singer is good or very good, they may get 3 offers from every ten auditions.  

Think of that.  

If you are good, it might be 3 of 10.  


Keeping a good attitude, accessing your own abilities and changing your performance 'package' when necessary is very important.

No comments:

Post a Comment