Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Gathering at a recital at Manhattan School of Music


I attended a Masters degree recital for Yun Xie, a soprano who studied at Xinghai Conservatory in GZ with Yang Yan, the Head of Vocal  Studies.  Yun Xie currently is finishing her studies at Manhattan School of Music.  She sang a lovely program and was very, very committed in her interpretation of her music, which was nice to see.

What was delightful is that several audience members, also students from as far away as Boston, were there to listen.  One had been a young singer in a chorus when I performed in Rossini's Cinderella in Shanghai several years ago.  Another was in a Masterclass that I gave in Taipei, Taiwan.  Others from GZ also remembered me from my MasterClass teaching, one even mentioning his studies with CHU Tai Li, one of my teachers in Verona.

It was fun to banter in English and (my bad) Chinese with the young people, and to see their support and enthusiasm for their classmates.


No comments:

Post a Comment